Monday 17 May 2010

Wittyreviews: Chu-Bra!!



Just...I don't know



Very rarely when watching anime do I actualy have to stop and get a drink just to get over what I just witnessed. So to me, Chu-Bra is a rareity. Chu-Bra follows the trend I first saw in the first seasn of K-ON, where it doesn't actualy have a plot just some resemblence of one that we are to assume is a plot. Thus, this anime exists solely for fanservice and maybe to get your jollies. But I doubt it.

Alright, fair is fair I'll give it a good run. But expect few compliments. The plot, what ther is of it, revolves around the teenager Nayu, who is an underwear enthusiast. She wrangles her friends into creating an Underwear Appreciation Society, where they do activities related to underwear. And yet Nayu never sees the massive gapeing problem with this, namely the windows into the room from the corridor. Ever heard of peeping toms? In fact, many a time they do this. Plus, just to give added insentive, their teacher. Oh wow, I swear if her bra got any tighter it would fall off. There's dense, and then there is a moron. The plot is about their exploits, mostly trying to get the club members and accepted, and...that's it. Another plus is that the show is actualy kind of educational, and it can give you good tips I guess if you're a girl but for the guys it's all lost on us. Which brings me to an interesting point, I'm the type of guy who doesn't go looking for fanservice but doesn't mind it when it turns up, yet in a show called Chu-Bra, with 2 female leads with mellon chests there is a shocking lack of fanservice, it's wierd I tell you.

And that's all I have to say really. I know it's short, but Chu-Bra is just sooooooo dull. Sure it has its moments and can be funny some of the time, but mostly it's just "Nayu and her friends do things for 20+ mins". It's not that funny, it's not sexy and if anything it's simply educational. Bottom line, watch it if you want a few laughs I guess, but don't bet on it.

Final Score: 2/5

By: Wittyreviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment